Sunday, March 11, 2007

Ridin' the Range



Well....it's official....Benjamin wants to be a cowboy!! It all started earlier last week with a new word that Nate and I couldn't quite figure out. After some detailed conversation we finally discovered the in "Benjamin-ease" the word "hoo-haw" means "horse." He's obsessed with the hoo-haw. He first noticed it on his favorite show The Backyardigans....his two favorite episodes are "Ridin' the Range" with cowboy Tyrone and the "Cowboy Polka" (don't ask!!!).

So today I received some new summer clothes that I had ordered for Benjamin. In the box was the fishing hat I requested. I'm hoping that this summer he will FINALLY agree to wear a hat and sunglasses when he's outside!! I also found a cool pair of sunglasses that had arrived (they were only $1.97!) I opened the items and Benjamin wanted to wear the hat and sunglasses. Once they were on he began to strut around the house and move his shoulders up and down like he was dancing. Then he immediately grabbed his big stuffed doggie and began to "ride" the doggie all over the living room....it was hilarious! To see Benjamin riding his "hoo-haw" check out the link here: www.msnusers.com/huffadoption and click on the "documents" tab to the left.


Benjamin was surprisingly cooperative for the camera when I took this photo....towards the end though you can tell that he felt like a celebrity trying to get away from the paparazzi.....



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man I have a hell of a time posting comments, If I try enough usually 1 gets through!

I think he is the best lookin cowboy I've ever seen.

Love Ya

Gma J

Anonymous said...

My daughter loves the Backyardingans too. She is always singing "Riding the Range Ya Hoo"
-Sarah