Sunday, December 7, 2008

Super Heroes

Lately Benjamin has really really been into all the Super Heroes. You know the ones...Superman, Spiderman, Batman, etc. He has also been completely addicted to anything Star Wars. This was not my doing of course but Nate's...now he finally has someone to watch all those Star Wars episodes with! So there we were the other night, watching The Empire Strikes Back, Benjamin recreating the epic battle between Darth Vadar and Luke Skywalker. He was wearing his pink Superhero cape (yes...it's pink...he created it out of one of Maggie's blankets.) So Benjamin is "Hya...Hya"-ing his way around the living room (for some reason his battles involve some sort of hybrid martial arts!) and he comes over to me and touches me on the arm. With a very sincere look on his face he says "Mommy, some day you will be a Superhero too." He was so serious!!! I had to stop myself from laughing because I was afraid I would offend him! Benjamin...my little Jedi Knight!

No comments: