Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Not A Post About Benjamin!

I know....my blog enteries are all about Benjamin...but I just had to share one tidbit about Nate and I! On May 25th we celebrated our anniversary. Nate planned a really SUPER romantic evening that involved a babysitter!! Cousin Brita was nice enough to entertain Benjamin while we went to a real grown up dinner.

Nate chose a restaurant in Hillcrest (Downtown San Diego) called "California Cuisine." It's a restaurant he remembers his parent frequenting when he was a kid. It's still around and it's still getting great reviews so we made the journey downtown. The restaurant is really cute with a seating area up front in front of picture windows that contains an art gallery. Then they have the sweetest little patio seating out back that reminded me of the restaurants we ate at while visiting Manhatten. Since the weather had just been rainy and was still fairly chilly (by San Diego standards!) and very windy we opted to sit at a little area in between the main dining room and the patio. We definitely had the best of both worlds.

The restaurant is known for a changing menu that offers only the freshest foods. The food was just fabulous...one of the best meals we've had in San Diego! They also make their desserts on the premises and we opted for a chocolate....yummy melty cake thingy (I've forgotten the name!) with a side of homemade rocky road ice cream....YUM!!! I also had the pleasure of drinking a couple of VERY good Lemon Drop Martinis and a glass of fantastic Tawny Port with my dessert. The meal was simply wonderful!

Since we are both pretty practical Nate and I opted to not buy gifts for each other but we did have a card for one another. Turns out...we bought each other the same card!! I could NOT believe it...of all the cards in the whole Hallmark store we bought the same one. I guess that's what happens when you've been married for 11 years! Anyhow, a couple of days later Nate and I were browsing at a mattress store (we've been talking about getting a new bed forever!) We found a mattress that was so heavenly we didn't want to leave. Nate decided to buy the mattress and the bed frame for me...a sort of anniversary gift. Now I wake up EVERY morning feeling divine and well rested...thanks to my wonderful husband!

No comments: